Last updated: 1 year ago
You can easily emphasize a اِسْم by just adding the corresponding personal pronoun in its normal form after the اِسْم which you want to focus on. This form is called ضَمِير الْفَصْل – as it separates the subject from the predicate and provides some space in between.
Let us look at some examples.
|It is Khalid who sits there.
|خالِد هُوَ الْجالِسُ هُناكَ
|The engineers were the ones responsible for the success of the project.
|كانَ الْمُهَنْدِسُونَ هُم الْمَسْؤُولِينَ عَنْ نَجاحِ الْمَشْرُوعِ
|I have done my duty.
|قُمْتُ أَنا بالْواجِبِ
|He wrote the lesson himself.
|كَتَبَ هُوَ الدَّرْسَ
- How to handle the number 8 in Arabic – a core analysis
- What are the best Christmas gifts for Arabic nerds in 2023?
- Collective nouns in Arabic: Do you use the same word for camels and a camel?
- What gender should you use for Arabic grammar terms?
- “He gives it to me” – How to add two pronoun suffixes in Arabic
picture credit: Image by MasterTux from Pixabay