The best place for people who love Arabic
Arabic for Nerds is a home for intermediate and advanced learners who are passionate about Arabic, at well-informed laypeople, as well as at nerds and geeks.
Arabic for Nerds is also the name of a series of books written by Gerald Drißner.
At Arabic for Nerds, you will find…
- Interesting topics about Arabic grammar (sarf and nahw)
- Tricky things about Arabic dialects (mainly Egyptian Arabic)
- Apps and tools for Arabic learners
- Interviews with Arabic language experts and people with a special connection to Arabic
- The latest Arabic series and movies on Netflix, MBC Shahid, Amazon Prime, Hulu and other streaming services
- Fascinating stories about the history of Arabic
- Arabic-related topics about Islam
Who runs Arabic for Nerds?
Gerald Drißner (Drissner), an award-winning journalist and economist, who was born in 1977 and grew up in the Austrian Alps (النِمْسا), where modern skiing was invented. But this is not the story here.
Gerald is addicted to Arabic.
He has lived in the Middle East and North Africa for more than a decade where he has studied Arabic extensively. Gerald wanted to share his passion for Arabic with others and create a place where people could learn and share information about this wonderful language.
That is why Gerald Drißner founded Arabic for Nerds in 2015. Since then, he has been writing about fascinating and interesting things related to Arabic.
If you like it more structured and in-depth, you can check out his books on Arabic grammar.
Don’t miss In this interview Gerald Drißner talks about his journey to Arabic and why he finds Arabic fascinating.
Can I write for Arabic for Nerds?
Yes, you are more than welcome!
However, please note that I keep this site free of hate speech, marketing, advertising, and political stuff.
If that is okay with you, feel free to send me your ideas! I will be happy to get in touch with you.