LAST UPDATED: 1 month ago
The possessive pronoun can be tricky in Arabic.
For example, how do you say: This car is mine.
In Arabic, there are no words like mine; yours; his or hers which we call possessive pronouns in English. There are several ways to express the same meaning.
Let’s have a look at a pretty easy and solid solution. You could for example repeat the thing being possessed and add the appropriate pronoun suffix.
|This car is mine.||هٰذِهِ السَّيّارةُ سَيَّارَتِي|
|The book is hers.||الْكِتابُ كِتابُها|
This is what happened recently here:
- What is the Islamic name of the Final Day?
- How to pass the Al-Jazeera Arabic grammar test – a survival guide
- Five reasons why Shahid is the best Arabic streaming platform
- How do you say LGBTQ in Arabic?
- English tenses in Arabic – a comprehensive guide
Picture credit: Image by Pexels from Pixabay