What is Arabic for Nerds?
Arabic for Nerds is a blog: the place for all those who have a passion for the Arabic language.
Arabic for Nerds is also the name of a series of books written by Gerald Drißner.
The Arabic for Nerds blog is specifically intended for intermediate and advanced learners who are passionate about Arabic, for curious laymen, and for nerds and geeks. On Arabic for Nerds, you will find…
- interesting topics about Arabic grammar (sarf and nahw);
- tricky things about Arabic dialects (mainly Egyptian Arabic);
- apps and tools for Arabic learners;
- interviews with Arabic experts;
- the latest Arabic series and movies on Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu and other streaming services;
- fascinating stories about the history of Arabic;
- Arabic-related topics about Islam;
- and many more.
Who is running Arabic for Nerds?
Gerald Drißner (Drissner), an award-winning journalist and economist, who was born in 1977 and grew up in a mountain area in the Austrian Alps (النِمْسا) where modern skiing was invented. But that is not the story here.
Gerald is addicted to Arabic.
He has lived in the Middle East and North Africa for more than a decade, where he has intensively studied Arabic. Gerald wanted to share his passion for Arabic with others and create a place where people can learn and exchange information about this wonderful language.
Therefore, Gerald Drißner has founded Arabic for Nerds in 2015. Since then, he has been writing about fascinating and interesting stuff that is related to Arabic.
If you like it more structured and in-depth, you can have a look at his books on Arabic grammar.