Square Kufic (خَطٌّ كُوفِيٌّ مُرَبَّعٌ) uses the most basic forms of the Arabic letters. It is a precursor to pixel art – although it was invented and applied hundreds of years ago in Islamic architecture in tiles and bricks. Eventually, you get beautiful mysterious calligraphies that may be mistaken for a QR code or a maze by non-Arabic speakers.
Who doesn’t love a good surprise? With this color changing coffee mug, you’re definitely in for a great one. This mug has a black matte finish when it’s empty. But when it comes into contact with a hot beverage, the mug reveals a beautiful print that’ll always make you smile when having your drink of choice.
- Written text: The Throne Verse of the Qur’an – the 255th verse of the 2nd Surah, Al-Baqarah, one of the best-known verses of the Qur’an.
- Written text in ENGLISH: If you see a QR code, it is time to study ARABIC
- Black matte finish when cold
- Reveals the print when exposed to hot liquids
- Dimensions: height – 3.85″ (9.8 cm), diameter – 3.35″ (8.5 cm)
- Made in China. Printed in the USA and EU
Note that in some instances the coating might not be 100% opaque and an outline of the design might peek through a little. Also, you shouldn’t put the mugs in a microwave or dishwasher since it can damage the coating.